What is the EUSOC?
EUSOC is an Interdisciplinary International School of postgraduate studies in social sciences at the Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University.
EUSOC holds seminars for PhD students once a year. Post-graduate students who participate in these seminars enjoy an opportunity to present the (partial) results of their thesis, to get feedback from eminent professors and the other students, and to judge other students‘ presentations and the results of their research.
Participation at the EUSOC seminar enables PhD students to improve the quality of their thesis and can be useful in their study and research.
The aim of the school is:
- to equip post-graduate students with excellent theoretical, empirical-analytical and methodological skills in advanced social science research
- to provide post-graduate students of social sciences useful feedback on their thesis from eminent European professors
- to offer post-graduate students the opportunity to compare their research work with the students from other European universities
- to establish contacts with the best qualified specialists from several European Universities
- to contribute to the integration of Central and Eastern European Graduate Schools into the wider networks of postgraduate studies
- integrates the studies of the social sciences (political science, international relations, sociology, social policy and social work, social psychology)
- holds regular seminars for doctoral students in social sciences and their teachers
- serves as a gateway to European research programmes for its graduates
- helps to development of excellent theoretical, empirical, analytical and methodological skills in advanced research in social sciences
- offers to PhD students the best qualified specialists from European Universities as consultants
- equips the graduates with excellent theoretical, empirical, analytical and methodological skills in advanced research in social sciences